sleepmonk

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007




















My condo burned up Saturday morning, March 10.

I am okay and so is my cat. My friends and family have been so great and supportive.
I just can't believe all 25 years of my writing and all of my paintings and no photos of them. As if they never existed. I lost my keys ,wallet, clothes and just a few things survived but smoke will never leave them.
The photos are from a very good friend & neighbor. He came out of his apartment and started taking pictures. Which I am oddly glad he did. It kind of perserves the most devastating day in my life. He took around 50 photos. Some at the time of the fire and a few days after it happened. The photo on the top right is especially eerie to me. On the right side, you can see me in my underwear leaning against the ivy fence, wondering WTF? The photo of the firemen makes me think of Afghan Whigs "Black Love". Then there's the photo of me beside all my melted music. Can you tell I didn't want my picture taken? I was going to keep the cat carrier but decide against it.
I have Home Owner Insurance and have called the phone,cable,power co. and all that type of stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to deal with such a disaster? Any thoughts and anyone with such experience would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert
sleepmonk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home